What is motivation? This simple but complex word can bring both disappointment as well as accomplishment. It drives you to take action but can also drive you to not want to do anything. Motivation is a word that everyone struggles with at one point or another but how long this lasts is up to you!
Are you finding it hard to keep motivated – especially with the holiday season upon us? Do you find yourself going strong and then BAM! Something comes up and it takes a lot to get your motivation back on track. The ironic thing about motivation is when those rough times come your way, if you keep it going, you will succeed. Motivation is not easy but with a little hard work it is achievable.
Here are five tips to keep your motivation going especially during this time of year:
1. When you have set-backs, the worst thing to do is to focus on the negative. Instead re-focus, and do not hesitate. Make a plan and go with it.
2. Stay positive. The number one reason people lose their motivation is due to negativity. It is like a disease that overwhelms your entire train of thought. So just don’t go there!
3. Believe in yourself. When you start to doubt yourself, motivation starts to slow you down. Before you know it – your motivation is gone. Be a believer.
4. Acknowledge the progress you have made. By looking at everything you have accomplished, it will jump start your motivation. And reward yourself for this, it is huge!
5. Stay focused at all times. Keep a to-do list to remind you of everything that must be done. By doing this, it will help you keep your eyes on the prize. And let you see just how much progress you have made.
There is no such thing as “Instant Success”. Everything in this world takes time, work, and motivation. Motivation is not easy but with a little hard work it is achievable. Let me know what helps keep your motivation!
Have a good week!