Oprah’s Not the Only One Who Can Have Fun While Working…
It’s true you know, Oprah’s not the only one who can have fun while working. You can too! Yes, I know, I know, it wouldn’t be called work if it was fun and all the other dreary sayings. Listen, you have a choice when it comes to work. The choice is in your attitude and how you view it. Yes, for some work is simply the thing we dread that we must do in order to make money, pay the bills and live. Sounds dreary and boring yet as I said earlier, it can be fun, it’s your choice. In my last blog, which I got a ton of great feedback thank you, I focused on how firing a client will free you and your business to be more successful. You know the client I’m talking about, the one who’s being a real pain and causing you so much stress and it’s not ANY fun working with them. Well this blog goes hand in hand with that one because I believe you can have more fun when you’re working with the right like-minded people. So in addition to letting your pain in the rear client go, here are some ways to help you make your work more enjoyable:
- Put on some music. Music can draw our minds away from the more challenging tasks we have to accomplish.
- Just do it already, finish that task, that project, you know that THING you’ve been putting off. Feelings of dread often disappear when we become immersed in a project.
- Think about where you can find joy in all the tasks on your plate.
- Don’t do it alone, work with a friend, colleague, relative or someone whose company you totally enjoy.
- Be sure to stop and take several breaks. Many folks I work with take 15 minute break after working for 45 minutes. Don’t go ninety to nothing every day.
- Break the job down into more manageable tasks. Big jobs can be overwhelming and diminish your stamina and drive to complete them.
- Do your best work you can. There are amazing psychological rewards that come when we know we did a terrific job.
- Do something you enjoy each and every day. It will give you something to look forward to and make all the working worthwhile.
Remember it’s all in your attitude and work is totally what you make it. So why not have more fun?!
You are the best. Being an entrepreneur is never dull and always exciting. Between the incredible content you share in your newsletter and this blog, you do a fabulous job of helping businesses grow with tools that are not well known, but highly effective. Keep up the good work.