Success equals: inspiration, perspiration and a little bit of “woo woo….”
I’m sitting here on vacation in Sedona, don’t yell at me for “working.” The real thing is, writing isn’t work for me at all, I truly love to do it…
This is such a spiritual and artistic place, it got me thinking… That’s when it hit me, I noticed for the first time how long it actually takes for my heart to catch up with my head. I mean I know stuff, a lot of stuff, I constantly read, go to workshops, conferences, etc. And then I start hearing the same thing over and over again. Yet the truly amazing part is sometimes how long it takes from knowing it intellectually to then having it finally sink, in and I mean REALLY sink into my consciousness, my heart and then feeling it emotionally, and then DOING something about it. This process has fascinated me for a long time.
Let me give you an example: (And this all started when I finally started reading Brian Tracy’s Maximum Achievement, Strategies and Skills that will Unlock your Hidden Powers t o Succeed.) I’ve known for a long time that it’s not just hard work and taking action that will help you succeed, you have to truly believe in your success and go to the point of using a bit of “woo woo,” which I call creative visualization. In fact, Brian goes into great length of discussing how to do it and so does Jack Canfield in some audio CD’s I have from him, as well as many other personal development folks I have on my shelf.
So as I said, I know this stuff, yet it wasn’t until recently that I really started practicing it and doing it on a regular basis and guess what, it’s really WORKING! How freaky is that… I have by business plan, my goals and I’m using my creative visualization and seeing them as already accomplished, seeing my success, the money, my relationships, my list of who I want to meet and work with, and it’s all happening for me. Who knew it was this simple?!
Part of the reason it took me so long “to get it,” is because I thought it had to be hard! I’ve worked hard my whole life when I was in corporate America so why should it be any different when I’m running my own business? Well… WRONG!
So I’m incredibly aware and focused now. I meditate everyday and spend a good bit of my early morning and late evening visualizing and seeing my amazing success and future. (I’ll expound more on this in the coming weeks.) The cool thing is that you can do it too! Anyone of us can do it!
Here are some core principles and steps to take:
- It’s all about your thoughts! You have to be SO aware of your thoughts ALL the time. You need to focus on great thoughts, happy ones, things that make you smile laugh and feel really good. The key here is whatever you spend most of your time thinking about, that’s what you’re going to get out of your life. So if you’re thinking bad thoughts all day long, you’ll just attract more of the same. In fact this is a huge principal of the law of attraction – you get back what you put out there.
- Visualize what you want- Use your mind to be very clear and even creative about what you want an d look at it as if you already have it. See the money in your hands, or that huge check, smell it, get all warm and fuzzy in side.
- Use positive affirmations about yourself- Look in the mirror many times of the day and extole how much you like yourself. Try it for me, it’s kind of cool and funny, I promise you’ll laugh and it will feel good!
- Feed your mind- Invest in things that help you grow intellectually, personally and that feed your passion. I buy everything I can on Photography and am concentrating on my copy writing. If you haven’t guessed, I’m a voracious learner!
- Associate with Positive minded people- this is huge, fire all those negative norberts and surround yourself with positive, supportive and like-minded people. Life’s too short!
So go out and try just one of these principals. I know it will make a huge difference and I’d love to hear about it!