Going off script today
I’m constantly asked about what tools do I use to keep my business humming along.
I’ve written before about my core tools that keep me productive. You can check that article out here.
So today, I wanted to share some core tools that will work for you when it comes to websites, email systems, shopping carts, project management, and so much more!
Let’s rewind back to around 2006. This was the year I was laid off again from the corporate world. It was also when I decided that would be the last time it was gonna happen.
I put a stake in the ground. Registered my business with the Federal Government. I got my EIN, registered my business with the state and I was off and running.
During that time, there weren’t even 1/10th of the online services that there are now like LegalZoom, ZenBusiness, Squareup, and more.
For me it was all about creating and printing a business card, putting up a free WordPress blog, and using an antiquated system like 1 Shopping Cart.
Now in 2021, there are almost too many systems out there to choose from. In fact, the landscape is really getting VERY crowded. Especially when it comes to website creation, membership sites, and email/CRM systems.
So with all those options out there, how in the world do you choose what will work for you?
When I work with my clients, I always access a couple of things:
- Comfortability with technology
- Skill level with technology
- Are they doing it themselves or outsourcing?
- What are they going to be selling? Online products, courses, memberships, etc., or physical ones?
- Will they be sold evergreen or one-off a couple of times per year?
Then once we get those defined, we can go down the road of what tech tools will work the best.
I actually have a rather LARGE list of tech that I keep adding to each time I find something.
Core Systems you need to have to run an Online business: (I’m not putting the links in here, apologies, I think you’d Check out these core systems you need to have run an Online business: (I’m not putting the links in here, apologies, I think you’d be cursing me. Hit reply if you want them though, happy to oblige. OR simply copy and paste the name into your browser. I decided to give you links to some cool sites that you might not be familiar with. So scroll down for more.)
- Email or CRM system –
- Email – Aweber, GetResponse, Moosend, Omnisend, Sendx.io
- CRM – Active Campaign, Infusionsoft, Convertkit, Mailerlite, Ontraport, Kartra, KLavyio, Marapost, SendInBlue, SalesForce, and more! Most of these are more sophisticated and offer to create landing pages, and websites as well.
- Website –
- Done for you – Wix, Weekly, Squarespace, and Webflo.
- Selling physical products – use Shopify, Etsy, Drip, WooCommerce, or Magento. If you want a membership site you can use Kajabi, Kartra, or Drop Funnels.
- Membership Sites – These have landing pages, and some have emails systems and shopping carts like Kajabi, Kartra or DropFunnels
- WordPress – With Divi, Elementor, OptimizePress or Thrive Themes. You can also get a Membarium plug-in for a membership addon.
- One-Off Web Pages Made Easy – LeadPages, Instapage, and OptinMonster
- Social Media Management – PostPlanner, Buffer, SproutSocial, HooteSuite, AgoraPulse, Sendible, eClincher, SocialPilot, MavSocial, Crowdfire, SocialBeeHoneyBook, PromoRepublic, and Socialoomph.
- Project Management Tools – Monday, Smartsheet, Asana, Trello, Wrike, Basecamp, MeisterTask, Capterra, Clickup and Slack.
Yeah, that’s A LOT of tech right?!
I know most of these. So if you have specific questions, please reach out, happy to help.
And before I sign off, I wanted to give you a couple of one-off tools I found while perusing the interwebs as I do. 😉
Some physical swag to send for your next live event: Swagup
Snail Mail Shipping Company for Small Businesses: goshippo.com
Test Your Ideas Before Your Launch: IdeaTests.com
Recording Your Screen & Yourself – housed online: Soapbox.com
All-In-One Audio, Video editing, Screen Recording, & Transcription: Descript.com
Tracking Your Facebook Group’s Top Key Words: Groouply.com
Checking Out Your Competition’s Facebook Ads: FacebookAdsLibrary
Customer Support: WowSupport.com
Creepy Site to Bring Old Photos to Life: (Seriously you just have to click this – and you were warned!) myheritage.com/deep-nostalgia
I know that’s A LOT OF URLS! Just imagine if I added ALL of them. I might do that when I put this on my blog.
Hope this is helpful for you. I’ve gathered these for years, and I have even more. I didn’t even touch on graphic designs, photo sites, and calendars, oh my.
Until next week…
NOTE: If you’re looking for a tool that will help inspire, motivate and give you some momentum, you have to check out this video. I interview the Founder & CEO of Positive Prime, Kim Serafini.